We are so thrilled to announce our new partnership with Dementia Friends Indiana (DFI). We provide therapy visits for many individuals with dementia. Our therapy teams go to Memory Care Units at Senior Living Facilities and in hospitals. We want to continue to be a leader providing the necessary tools for our staff, volunteers, and partners.
Our staff members recently became trained as Dementia Friends. A Dementia Friend is someone who wants to make a positive difference in the lives of people living with dementia through increased awareness and support.
- Paws to Heal Program Coordinator will be trained as a Champion and thus be able to lead training sessions for our volunteers and supporters
- Train our volunteers to increase awareness and support for those with Dementia
- Be a resource for DFI regarding therapy dogs and their work with people with Dementia and in Senior Living Facilities
- Be present with therapy dogs at their memory cafes and other events
- Continue to be an advocate in our community for those with Dementia