We’re Hiring a Part-Time Program Coordinator
PROGRAM COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Paws & Think is looking for an amazing person with a passion to serve and improve lives through the power of the human-dog connection. The Program Coordinator manages volunteer resources to assist in the delivery of the organization’s Paws to Heal program. The Paws to Heal program volunteers visit with patients, their families, and staff/associates at various healthcare facilities in Central Indiana.
The Program Coordinator position is responsible for volunteer recruiting, training, development, placement, and recognition. This position supervises volunteers and provides direction, guidance, support, and resources. This is a part time position (up to 30 hours / week) reporting to the Executive Director.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Volunteer Recruiting for the Paws to Heal Program
- Recruit and screen volunteers for the Paws to Heal program
- Assess Paws & Think therapy teams to determine eligibility for Paws to Heal
- Ensure all Paws to Heal volunteer openings are filled in a timely basis
Volunteer Training and Development
- Train new Paws to Heal therapy teams and escorts
- Coordinate with program partners and volunteers to schedule program partner’s volunteer orientations and ensure that all volunteers complete the program partner’s onboarding requirements
- Perform up to five (5) monitored visits with each new therapy team and maintain accurate record of monitored visits
- Perform weekly visits to monitor the therapy teams
- Schedule Paws to Heal therapy teams and escorts for patient visits a month in advance when possible
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the program delivered by volunteers and implement improvements as necessary including developing, distributing, and collecting annual Volunteer Survey
- Ensure all program supplies and forms are stocked at various hospital locations
- Provide regular reports to Paws & Think’s Executive Director and program partner’s staff, as required
- Schedule and staff outreach events in coordination with program partner’s staff
- Implement goals and objectives for the Paws to Heal program
- Plan and attend volunteer annual recognition event and other special events
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience
- Minimum one year of experience managing or coordinating projects and people
- Demonstrate evidence of the following:
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- strong interpersonal skills and the ability deal with a diverse range of people;
- an empathy with volunteers and understanding of their needs;
- capacity to inspire and motivate others;
- ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity;
- good organizational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks;
- strong time-management and self-management skills;
- strong computer skills and experience navigating multiple systems;
- skilled in MS Office, Google documents, cloud storage services, and databases; and
- ability to maintain records and produce clear written and oral
- Able to work a flexible schedule that includes daytime and occasional weekend and evening work
- Able to travel to locations in Central Indiana during the day and evening
The ideal candidate will have experience working with online software such as Volgistics or other CRM software, and will demonstrate a commitment to our organization’s mission and vision.
The Program Coordinator must become an Ascension St. Vincent volunteer including going through their onboarding process. Covid vaccines and annual flu shots are required. Flu shots are administered free of charge at the venue.
Salary Range: $15.00 – $17.00 per hour
Work Location and Schedule: This is a part-time position, up to 30 hours per week. The Program Coordinator will work primarily from their home office (remote work) and come into the Paws to Heal office for occasional meetings and training. The office is located at 2001 West 86th Street, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Home Office Requirements: Personal computer or laptop, high speed internet service, web conference software, Microsoft Office Suite, and a cell phone.
We Offer: Flexible Schedule, Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick & Personal Paid Time Off, and a Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
Our Shared Values: Integrity, Good Stewardship & Transparency, Teamwork, Caring & Compassion, Positive Spirit
DEI Statement: Paws & Think is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization, celebrating the diversity of our staff, volunteers, and community we serve. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Paws and Think, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.